
What a great, chick flick! My mom had loved it, but said for sure not to take any boy to it, so I was amazed when one of the doctors at work said he had loved it, and told us about some of the scenes. So, after seeing some of the songs performed at the Oscar's my mom and I made a date to see it at the dollar movies.
It is very cheesy. The begining is in Utopia (that's not the name, but I can't remember what it was, some cheesy cartoon land name) and Giselle is pining for her Prince Charming to come give her True Love's Kiss. And it just so happens that Prince Edwards is feeling restless with killing trolls and knows he needs to find the love of his life. But his evil step mother doesn't want to get kicked off the throne, so she's a little upset when Giselle and Edward have this amazing, singing, riding into the sunset meeting and they're going to get married the next day. She dresses up as an old lady, and pushes Giselle into this fountain thing that teleports her to New York city. I knew all this was going to happen, but it was really cheesy, but it only got better once she got there. Mc Dreamy from Grey's was there to take her in, and be there while she was waiting for Prince Edwards. I loved all of the things she'd say about things in Utopia, just like when she's going to go to a ball "oh, I wonder if I can get a fairy god mother on this short of notice!" I liked all those one-liners. And though it's chick-flick ish, it's good. I found myself smiling through most of it, and I think if boys aren't too tough to pretend they don't like it, that they actually might. So, take the fam, and it'll be a good fun night out!

2 comments:
so, I made Tom see it with me...
he thought it was cheesy and I laughed the entire way through because he is a replica of Patrick Dempseys character in the movie... which made Tom laugh because he couldn't argue! way funny.
Anyway, we both liked the music, especially the "how does she know" song in the park. So funny!
I thought it was funny because it wasn't quite a fairy tale, but had all of the right jokes to mock that fact... I would totally see it again.
P.S. I love this idea and might have to copy it... if I ever find the time!
Totally a classic.
Post a Comment